The Writing Mamas Daily BlogEach day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.
If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.
And for that, you are a goddess.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Top Ten Reasons to Clean Your Refrigerator
10. Rewards sloth—the longer you put off grocery shopping, the easier it is to clean!
9. No moral quandaries about whether discards are suitable for Goodwill.
8. Potential for discovering medical breakthrough growing on leftovers.
7. Possibility for weight loss if growth on leftovers results in food poisoning instead of Nobel Prize for Medicine.
6. As productive procrastination goes, it is more gratifying than cleaning your sock drawer.
5. Discover container of leftover chocolate sauce, rear bottom shelf. Yum.
4. Uncover tonight’s Mystery Dinner to augment Found Dessert (see #5).
3. Unlike most household chores, does not need to be repeated for a really long time.
2. Out with the old! (May generalize to closets, hairstyles, and boxes of adorable infant clothes that no longer fit your middle schooler.)
1. Make way for the new!!! (OK, it’s a cliché, but applicable to untried recipes, a better wardrobe, and material for write ‘em fast blogs.)
By Lorrie GoldinStumble This Post