The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Saturday, August 30, 2008

 

Lose Weight the Jon Lovitz Way!

On the finale of “Last Comic Standing," comedian Jon Lovitz explained, “I discovered the secret to losing weight. As you all know, muscle weighs more than fat. So if you really want to lose weight, you really have to get rid of all that muscle.”

I think I’ve been on that plan lately.

With both kids in preschool for the past three weeks, my body is changing. Where I used to be constantly on my feet, wiping bottoms, cleaning up spills, and running after bikes during the morning, I’m now happily seated, sedentary, rarely moving, in front of the computer, writing. 


I’m loving my time, don’t get me wrong, but my butt seems to be enjoying it as well, seeing as it has grown a bit. I haven’t gained weight, but my pants don’t fit anymore (except for stretchy yoga pants, thankfully.)

And no, I’m not pregnant.

I’m happy with my body as is, but would like to be able to wear my non-sweat pants again. So I went for a run/walk today. It felt good to exercise again. I’m going to yoga when I can.

Of course, my nightly Häagen-Dazs habit doesn’t help. But a girl has to have at least one vice in her life, right?

But I’m curious.

What is your exercise routine? 

What is your vice?

By Kristy Lund

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites
Comments:
Wine! And almost daily trips to Trader Joe's! I should just go ahead and buy the Trader Joe's case of 2 buck Chuck :-) Actually, I'm not buying wine every day, but I am disorganized when it comes to figuring out what's for dinner....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?