The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

 

And You Thought Legos Were Just for Building Stuff

“I don’t want to go to school!” Eric wailed this morning.

Already?  On the second day? Last year this chant was too familiar -- but this is a new year. 

It is supposed to be a new beginning. 

“What would make you want to go to school?”

“I want to go to Lego school!”

Of course!  Why didn’t I think of that? This is our second try at kindergarten after an expensive detour including an extra year at preschool. Of all the things I considered -- from home schooling to boot camp at a military academy, Lego school had not crossed my mind as an alternative for kindergarten.

He has done Lego camps, Lego drop in and basically plays with them every day.  I wish he could go to a school and do Legos all day. 

I wish I could go!

So we agreed that FIRST he has to go to kindergarten.

THEN he was going to speech therapy.

FINALLY, we will go to Lego class. 

“And you're going because of what kind of behavior?”

“Good behavior!”  He sings.

Yay!!! This school thing might work after all.

By Cathy Burke

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites
Comments:
Let me know if you find a Lego school. My son wants to attend as well!
 
Kristy-I budget for weekly visits to the drop in place in San Anselmo. For five year olds and up it is better than a babysitter!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?