The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Friday, July 25, 2008

 

Everybody hates Kombucha

How 'bout that for a TV show name!

I have had this Kombucha culture growing for a little while now. I've been so successful that I can open a Kombucha bottling plant out of my own kitchen.

Unfortunately, no one but me would drink it at home.

Kombucha, for those who haven’t heard of it, is a combination of bacteria and yeast that ferments when added to tea, and is believed to cure certain ills. Coming from China by the way of Russia, it is catching on in America.

Or is it?

I had to do something with jars of the drink I had brewed so I took it to a potluck dinner. I should have described it as something else but Kombucha.

A Life-Prolonging Elixir! A Potency Boosting Potion! Better yet, a Weight-Loss Supplement!

I could have said that Kombucha increases longevity, improves vision, cures asthma, bronchitis, diarrhea, diabetes, cataracts, cancer, insomnia, rheumatism, and get this -- reverses the symptoms of AIDS.

It has all been claimed before.

Just as the Food and Drug Administration, I didn't want to stand behind unproven claims. So I said it was Kombucha and ended up drinking this Immortal Health Elixir of the Qin Dynasty myself.

By Dilyara Breyer

Labels: , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?