The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

 

Out of the Mouth of Babes

Here is something my eight-year old daughter really and truly said today.

“You know mom, I wish my dresser was shorter and wider so that the clothes wouldn’t be so cramped in the drawers, because I don’t like to fold my clothes and that’s why they’re all so bunchy and don’t fit in the drawers

“But if you folded them, they would fit, but I don’t like to, so I don’t. So I don’t care. It’s fine. The dresser is fine.”

And then she stood on the pulls of the bottom drawer to reach the uppermost drawer to carefully and neatly put away her precious rainbow-striped ankle socks.

And that is an example of the ego and the superego working it out.

By Lianne McSwain

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?