The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Monday, December 17, 2007

 

Is Sleep the New Sex?

I do still love sex.

Even after almost twelve years with my husband it is great. But I have to admit that while we used to rush to be together when the kids were not around, now I would prefer a nap.
When they were babies I tried the "sleep when they sleep" idea but was always too busy doing other things and napped when they were being taken care of by someone else.

But now when I have the choice of sex or sleep guess what wins? Last week my husband and I managed several interludes without the kids around but what stands out in my mind as the most satisfying was the nap I managed to take Thursday afternoon.

Now that naps are rare I find them better than the best sex ever. And that includes the wild times I had before I got married and the imaginary sex I have with George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

By Cathy Burke

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?