The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

 

Shhh. . . It's a Secret

Okay, so I am reading the book, "The Secret."

Duh!

It's not that I don't believe in positive thinking, being optimistic and creative visualization. I do! But I am so comfortable in my old "expect the worst, and you will never be disappointed" philosophy – that it always works!

I know that when I am down and focus on negative things, things tend to go downhill from there. But I figure: what the hell, I was rolling down that hill anyway!

I can barely commit to something long enough for it to work. If I do try to be positive, unless results are INSTANT then I have doubts. Which bring on more doubts. Then I am sure things will go badly. And they do!

But when I do try to be positive, I am so afraid it is not going to work that I am afraid to even try. Plus, I can never be consistent in my positive thinking.

Perhaps I am afraid it WILL work and feel guilty for really trying to get something by putting my desire out there.

Do I concentrate on helping others?

Dare I be selfish?

Maybe I will start small, like with parking spots.

By Cathy Burke

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?