The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

 

Throw Stuff Out and Feel Great!


It seems that the moment I attempt to throw something away in an attempt to de-clutter my house of past prime toys, I find myself unable to actually do it.

I stand poised over the garbage can and I hesitate. I find myself scared to follow through.

I am plagued by questions such as: Is this really garbage? Can’t I find another use for it? Maybe if I find 25 more just like it I can bring it to my son’s pre-school for an art project!

What if I actually do throw this away and regret it? I have been known to finally purge pieces of a long-forgotten toy only to find the remaining parts the next day.

There have been occasions that I have gathered debris from every corner of my home and filled a bag with every intention of tossing it. As I got sidetracked on my way to the garbage, my sons discovered the bag of “treasures” with glee.

The bag of trash then became the most fun thing they had to play with.

Perhaps I should put their brand new and already forgotten holiday loot in a bag by the curb.

By Cathy Burke

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?