The Writing Mamas Daily Blog

Each day on the Writing Mamas Daily Blog, a different member will write about mothering.

If you're a mom then you've said these words, you've made these observations and you've lived these situations - 24/7.

And for that, you are a goddess.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

 

Though Summer, A Mother Writes a Valentine to Her Children


I have found in the raising of five children that sometimes it is better not to talk.
Write a letter. We choose our words better when writing than speaking in the moment.

This letter was sent to all five of my children. At the time some were at the university, some in high school and one in grade school.

I remember nursing you,
Completely aware;
How soon passing.
How soon passing.
It will never be like this again.

I remember swinging you,
Thinking;
How soon passing.
How soon passing.
It will never be the same.

I remember your first step,
Marveling;
How soon passing.
How soon passing.
I am blessed to see this.

I remember carpooling,
Listening to your chatter;
How soon passing.
How soon passing.
Thanks for these moments.

And when you're grown and on your own,
I'm glad that at the time I knew;
How soon passing.
How soon passing.
It will never be the same.

But I took time to record each moment,
Every stage, memories rich to call upon.
Knowing that I took advantage of those moments;
How soon passing.
How soon passing.

That created a new you, a new me.
Love Mom

P.S. Other kids are lucky! Their moms sent Hallmark cards!!!

By Ruth Scott

Labels:

StumbleUpon Toolbar Stumble This Post Add to Technorati Favorites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?